Ramblings from the Gryphon Rose

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wassail recap

This past Saturday was our annual Wassail—for those of you new to my LJ, we gather for an entire day of food, gaming, and drinking Wassail, a spiced, spiked, hot apple cider concoction. This year we had my wife’s famous Guinness-basted turkey, stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and salad (there was bread but it got lost in the shuffle). Dessert was chocolate-orange Guinness cake, pumpkin crunch, bread pudding with spirited sauce, and brownies.

The game this year was Serenity. We were curious about the system, and decided to test it out with a one-shot using the actual crew and ship. Wassail seemed the perfect time to try it.

For those interested, I put up a full synopsis on my LJ. I would put it up here but I'm not sure how to do cuts here and it's a bit long. :)

Everyone had a good time, and we’re actually going to do an original Serenity campaign now, using new characters and a new ship. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home