Ramblings from the Gryphon Rose

Friday, May 09, 2008

I'd type "Oy!" but I seem to be missing the "y" . . .

Yesterday my son got hold of the laptop.

Apparently he turned it on. That's fine--frighteningly precocious, but fine. But he also decided to streamline the input process . . .

. . . by removing keys from the keyboard.

He didn't eat them--he doesn't usually put non-food in his mouth, thankfully--and we were able to locate them all. But laptop keyboards aren't like regular keyboards. They have little fiddly plastic bits instead of springs. And some of those are now broken or missing. I was able to reinsert some of the keys but not all of them, amd I don't know if it'll ever function properly again, esp. for real writing.

Ugh.

The moral of this story, clearly, is "just because a child hasn't messed with a particular item before, don't assume they never will."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home