Ramblings from the Gryphon Rose

Friday, June 03, 2005

Yes and No

Normally when people don’t post to their LJ or blog for a while, it means one of two things: they’ve been really busy or nothing much is going on.
Yeah, that about covers it.
I’ve been busy the past two weeks, certainly. With what, I’m not sure, but I know I haven’t had a lot of free time. Then again, I clearly haven’t been doing anything riveting enough to post about immediately, right?
Last weekend, of course, we had friends over Friday night (as per our usual), though we gathered earlier than usual because two of us had started summer publishing hours. For those of you not familiar with this, it’s a wonderful thing—during the summer (from Memorial Day to Labor Day) most publishing houses have employees come in a little earlier in the mornings and stay a little later in the evenings Monday through Thursday. But on Friday you come in a little early and leave VERY early. During the rest of the year, we’re supposed to work 9-5 (though try telling the designers that!). During the summer, we work 8:45-5:30 Monday through Thursday, and 8:45-12:45 Friday. I’m usually at work between 8:30 and 8:45 anyway, and I often stay until 5:15 or 5:30, so for me it means working my normal hours the first four days and getting half of Friday off. I love it. So does my little girl.
So last Friday we had friends over, and this past Monday we also had friends over and tried to grill (though that failed, thanks to the rain). A fun time was had despite the weather, and hamburgers and hot dogs cooked on a Foreman grill are still tasty.
The previous weekend, my dad was in town visiting, so we hung out with him. We also had dinner with our cousins one night, which was fun.
Honestly, there’s not much else to report right now. I’m still caught in that weird project loop I mentioned earlier, about taking something to a ridiculous level and having it encouraged, though it looks like that may change. We’ll see. Still waiting on some projects to finalize, though I do have several already locked in for this year. I’ve been brainstorming on several others with people, which is always fun, and those should lead to specifics soon as well.
Tomorrow we’re going to see my wife’s family out in NJ, which should be nice except for the “schlep the car seat on the subway and then on the NJ Transit train” part. Next week my best bud Alex and his wife Amy (also one of my really good friends) are coming for a too-brief but much-anticipated visit.
And no, I still haven’t seen Episode III.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home