Ramblings from the Gryphon Rose

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

A Year Ago Today . . .

. . . my life changed forever.
Because, one year ago, my little girl was born.
Yes, Adara is now one year old. It's amazing how fast the time has gone. And how wonderful it's been. And how very different my life is. It may not seem different on the outside--I still go to work, write, game, watch TV, etc.--but my world-view has shifted.
When you're young, your parents are the center of your universe. Then, as you get older, hopefully you become your own center. You meet someone special, and your center expands to include both of you. But then you have a child. And your center shifts.
Adara is the center of my world. It's funny how that alters my thoughts. Everything I do revolves around her now. Jen and I are only satellites, caught in her orbit.
And I wouldn't change it for the world. My little girl, my daughter, is bright, funny, playful, loving, generous, curious, energetic, thoughtful--everything a person should be. No matter how bad my day has been, when I get home and see her smiling at me I just melt, and everything else goes away. I spend hours just watching her playing, crawling, eating--even sleeping. It's a wondrous thing. Yes, my world revolves around her—
and I wouldn't change that for anything.
Happy first birthday, Adara.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home