Ramblings from the Gryphon Rose

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Over the years

Got this from [info]jendaby, who got it from [info]qadgop

10 years Ago I was:
* living in Lawrence, KS
* working on my PhD in English Lit
* teaching freshman English
* beginning to break into the RPG industry as a writer
* one year into my relationship with [info]jendaby.

5 years ago I was:
* living in an apartment in Queens
* trying to pick an engagement ring for [info]jendaby.
* working in corporate graphics
* writing a lot of RPG books
* trying to break into fiction

1 year ago I was:
* about to move into my first house
* recovering from my 35th birthday, our second wedding anniversary, and from celebrating my daughter’s first birthday
* celebrating the recent contract for my first novel
* settling into my new job at a children’s book publisher
* still reeling from the death of my mother

Yesterday I:
* went to work (same job as a year ago) and worked on a lot of books
* stopped by the store on the way home
* spent time with my wonderful wife and daughter
* finished up some RPG revisions
* emailed a novel pitch to a publisher

5 snacks I enjoy:
* baby carrots
* Planters salted peanuts
* peanut butter and celery
* rock hard peaches and nectarines
* chocolate chip cookies

5 songs I know all the words to:
* "The Sound of Silence”
* "Scarborough Faire"
* "Alone Again, Naturally”
* "Turn the Page”
* "The Lady in Red”

5 things I would do with 100 million dollars:
* Pay off our mortgage and those of our friends and family
* Set aside money for our kids’ educations and for eventual retirement
* Renovate the house
* Take my entire extended family on a really cool vacation trip somewhere like Israel or Japan
* Endow some libraries

5 places I would run away to:
* Japan
* Edinburgh
* Australia and/or New Zealand
* Venice
* Las Vegas

5 things I would never wear:
* a toupee
* women’s undergarments
* vinyl
* a dress
* a chicken costume

5 favorite TV shows:
* Lost
* The Tick, the animated series
* Deadwood
* Veronica Mars
* CSI

5 bad habits:
* worrying over things and not talking about them
* putting projects off to the last minute
* refusing to walk away when I should
* running my fingers through my hair and over my head when I’m tired.
* refusing to take medicine when I should

5 biggest joys:
* My wife
* My daughter
* Reading a good book
* Hanging out with friends, with or without gaming
* Hearing that someone enjoyed something I wrote

5 fictional characters I would date (were I single and looking):
* Kaylee Frye from Firefly/Serenity
* Willow Rosenberg from Buffy (but only before fifth season)
* Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice (preferably the Kiera Knightley version)
* Kitty Pryde from the X-Men (preferably from Astonishing X-Men)
* Jordan Cavanaugh from Crossing Jordan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home